Training for Skeleton

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Training for Skeleton

Postby Tracker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:47 pm

I've been having the same problem as the previous guy who posted. I just recently ended a track career in college and have been looking for something competitive to do now that my obligations for track have been fulfilled. I tried contacting somebody (anybody really) on the website and have yet to recieve an email back. Then I heard from the brother of a sledder on the bobsled team that the federation went bankrupt and I figured that pretty much ended any hope I had to hear back from anybody concerning summer training camps, workouts, etc. I was hoping I could get some info on what I need to do to train, where to go to try out, etc. I know they used to have summer recruitment stops, but since Verizon pulled out that looks like that's over. Any information would be better than what I have now, which is no information really. Thanks alot.

Marc
Tracker

Re: Training for Skeleton

Postby George » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Hi Marc, I'm sorry to hear of your all-too-familiar ordeal. As you know, it is standard practice for USBSF NY to ignore all emails and calls from prospective athletes wanting to take up the sport.

I'll forward you the email I just sent Rob (the prior poster w/the same dilemma), which may provide some helpful leads. I'll keep trying to get further info. As I've noted here before, just be persistent and don't join the many others who became discouraged and gave up on this awesome sport before trying it.

- George
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum