Colbert Report: Zach Lund & helmetcam; Vancouver stuff

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Colbert Report: Zach Lund & helmetcam; Vancouver stuff

Postby George » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Excerpt of a press release today from USBSF marketing/communications director Amanda Bird. I'll miss the airing so I hope this clip will be archived somewhere:

"...Stephen Colbert was instructed by 2007 World Cup Champion Zach Lund (Salt Lake City, Utah) on how slide skeleton. Colbert navigated nine corners of the World Championship track in a neon orange speed suit with a lipstick camera attached to his goggles. “That was the coolest thing I’ve done,” said Colbert after he caught his breath at the finish.

Don’t miss Colbert’s run and an in depth interview with Lund tonight, Thursday, Dec. 3rd at 11:30 pm EST on the Comedy Channel."
George
Site Admin

Re: Colbert Report TV tonight: Zach Lund & skeleton helmetcam

Postby George » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm

The 5:26 Colbert / Lund skeleton clip has been posted at ColbertNation.com here.
George
Site Admin

Postby HollyBall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey George! I haven't been on in a while, just wondering what's up with everbody.

Holly Ball
HollyBall

Postby George » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey, Holly! Great to hear from you, I hope your leg is OK and you're doing well at college.

I'm hoping to finally update this site (i.e. outdated links and such; repair forum bugs) before the flood of visitors hits in another week (traffic is already elevated as more folks learn about the sport).

I may slide another time @ Utah Winter Games in Jan. 2011, we'll see.

George
George
Site Admin

Postby HollyBall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Life with my leg was tough for a few years there, Five surgeries later it's good as new! A few days ago was the one year anniversary of my last surgery so I guess I'm out of the woods. I've been thinking about geting back into sliding, not in Utah though, but LP because it's closer to school.

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates on the site, I imagine the traffic will definitely increase in the next few weeks. Are you going to the games? I wish I could go but I have school.

Holly
HollyBall

Lake Placid, Vancouver, skeleton accident injuries

Postby George » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:13 am

HollyBall wrote:Life with my leg was tough for a few years there, Five surgeries later it's good as new! A few days ago was the one year anniversary of my last surgery so I guess I'm out of the woods. I've been thinking about geting back into sliding, not in Utah though, but LP because it's closer to school.

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates on the site, I imagine the traffic will definitely increase in the next few weeks. Are you going to the games? I wish I could go but I have school.

Holly

Holly,

I'm glad to hear your surgically-repaired leg is now as good as new. It's good to know you're not too far from LP, if you decide to get back into sliding.

I used to think track accidents were almost unheard of. But there's you, Noelle (broken leg), Courtney Yamada (broken collarbone hitting a track worker several years in LP I think), and I remember many years ago reading in Ori Hoffer's blog that some guy (can't quite remember who) had a smashed faceshield and bloody face from hitting a track worker in PC. :(

The other "Vancouver" thread in this forum mentions some folks going to Vancouver, though I won't be able to make it. And as noted in that thread, I'm updating this site (mostly adding/deleting lots of links) in several days as traffic skyrockets.
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum