UWG

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

UWG

Postby slace22 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 am

I didnt get to come out for the Utah Winter Games this year but i wanted to say congrats to a couple of people i know.
Congrats to Ryan for getting third and Chase for getting forth and congrats to George for getting a silver in the open division, and congrats to Abby for also getting a silver.
I have 13 days before i get on the ice for the first time this season , i will be in LP from Feb,10th through the 24th and a former skeleton school classmate of mine will also be there (Bradley Chalupski) so that will be cool.
I already have the track memorized in my head from watching helmet cam videos so that should help me some but that track looks kinda scary, lol.
Also im still looking for bobspikes or skeleton shoes if anyone has any for sale.
HR
slace22

Postby Damon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 pm

If memory serves me, watch turn 3 or 4 on the LP track. And if you get a chance, talk with Amanda Bird. She can give you some great tips, they really helped me out.
Damon

Postby slace22 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey Damon
Thats actually funny because last year in skeleton school she e-mailed me info on the Utah track that actually helped me out alot.
slace22

Postby rfischer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:45 pm

thanx harold... let me know how LP goes, i should be there in March... Im going to Calgary next week too...
rfischer

Postby Teej » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Hey, I didn't know you were on here.

Congrats from me too...and thanks for helpin' out with the class & stuff.

T
Teej

Postby slace22 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Hey TeeJ.
Yes Ryan is really helpful , me and him went to skeleton school together and he is a really good guy, he also gave me some tips at the summer push track last September.
Ryan , i cant wait to go down LP , Bradley is going to be there also so atleast there will be someone i know there.
Now im jealous that you are going to Calgary that is so awesome, im happy for you dude, have fun and let me know how it goes.
HR
slace22

Return to General Skeleton Forum