Helmet time!

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Helmet time!

Postby redr3r » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am

So I have read the other posts about what helmet to get and where to get it but I was wondering if anything has changed since then. Is the best bet still jofa 2400 with chin guard or is there something new I should know about. I need to buy a helmet asap and just wanted to see if there were any suggestions. Thanks!
3R
redr3r

Postby slace22 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Im looking for one of the Uvex helmets but i have a Joffa and used it last year and it seems to be a good helmet.
HR
slace22

Postby redr3r » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:19 am

what kind of shield did you get, and where?
3R
redr3r

Postby slace22 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:11 am

I used to do a lot of streetluging and i have a streetluge helmet and i took the shield from that and put on it , there was a website shieldsipro.com that sold skeleton shields but i just checked there website and it doesnt look like they have that site anymore.
slace22

Postby chased » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:17 am

Those are the skeleton specific helmets. To get one here in the US it costs near $600. They are pretty sweet, but the downside is that they are incredibly hard to come by. A connection has to be made with Uvex as they don't seem to want to distribute them widely. So good luck with that.

Also, people seem to like the Czech helmet, the only problem I have heard of with them is fogging.

BUT, if you are just starting out, it would be best to just wait to buy a helmet until after you have been sliding for a little bit as both parks have helmets and sleds for use. That way you can figure out what you want before you drop the dough. (Like I did with the Z1, which they are outlawing)

Drive fast, take chances,

Chase
chased

Return to General Skeleton Forum