Going to LP.

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Going to LP.

Postby slace22 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Well i am updating my membership the week after Christmas but i am signed up for the LP session from Feb, 10 through the 24th.
I love Utah and the people there and if i could live anywhere else it would be in Park City but it makes more sense financially for me to slide in LP.
I can fly there twice for what it takes to me to fly to Utah once.
I do hope to be in Utah the week of the Utah Winter Games so i can slide in that race.
Since im old (41) maybe Steve Peters will make a starting area for me about 100 feet closer to the finish line and put a handicap sticker on it , lol.
Anyway Merry Christmas to everyone and for all you LP and Utah residents it was a COLD 55 degrees here in Tampa this morning , lol.
HR
slace22

Postby Steve Peters » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Put bobsled shoes on the bottom of your walker and you'll be all set.
Steve Peters

Postby Teej » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:14 pm

I was thinking he could strap on those small jet engines for radio control planes....kinda like that guy that strapped 2 to his bicycle. :D
Teej

Postby slace22 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm

Well im 41 and i know that i have atleast inspired one person (Ryan Fischer) because he always tells me he hopes to be in my shape when he is 41 but i also get inspired , at the evals in Utah there was a guy there who was like 66 or something and he was running fast for his age and i thought that was awesome that he could still do that.
Speaking of Ryan i always joke with him because when he becomes an Olympian one day (and he WILL) my claim to fame is that i beat him both days from the top in our Skeleton class , lol.
You new guys are going to love Skeleton school , each day is an adventure because each day you get closer to the top of the track.
My best advice for everyone going to school this year is to just have fun , my whole week of school i had a blast and did really well but then the day of the Utah Winter Games i tried to be all serious and made a mental mistake going into turn 11 and that ruined my whole day.
Another person that inspires me is Noelle Pikus Pace because i had a compound fracture of my left leg many years ago and i know how hard it was to come back from that injury and she came back from hers in just a few weeks.
I think i might could beat Noelle for the most gruesome leg break though , i got shoved off a trampoline and there was no padding on the two guard rails that went around it and my leg went in between the guard rails and stayed and i kept going , it sounded like a shotgun going off, lol , needless to say it hurt just a little bit.
Ok this post was all over the place so i'll end it for now.
Congrats to Zach for winning the Gold and Katie and Eric for winning Silver in Park City yesterday.
HR
slace22

Return to General Skeleton Forum