Question about Skeleton -

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Question about Skeleton -

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:56 pm

I live in Alabama and needless to say, we don't have very many winter sports opportunities here. We do have a small snow ski course in northeast Alabama, but that's it.

I've been a huge fan of skeleton since the '02 Olympics, and I've wanted to try it ever since. I would love to make a trip to Park City next winter to give it a go. I feel like I could be very good in skeleton because of my physical makeup. I'm 6'0 tall, and slender (about 155-160lbs.). I played organized sports all the way from childhood through high school, where my primary sport was football (I was a wide receiver and defensive back). My best asset is that I'm quick and a good short distance sprinter. I'm 31 years of age but I'm in good physical shape.

If anyone can give me any feedback or words of encouragement, I would certainly appreciate it. I'm very glad that this website and forum exist - I think that skeleton is by far the most exciting and unique event in the Winter Olympics (even though I'm a big fan of the speed skating).

Re: Question about skeleton

Postby George » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi!

Based on what you've said, I think you have the right idea -- visiting Park City for lessons would be great. You'll never really know how much you like skeleton until you take that first run.

I think if you go to Park City, you'll have a blast. In addition to skeleton, there are several other winter sports you can try, either at Utah Olympic Park or nearby ski resorts.

It sounds like you're potentially a fast pusher, which is great. Though I find that performance is roughly 80% driving and 20% pushing.

Well, I'm glad to hear you've found my site to be useful. Best of luck to you!

- George
George
Site Admin

Hey just wondering

Postby Nic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:57 pm

Hey im from Quebec (Canada ) and im very interested in this winter sport but i dont know where i could eventually try it :shock: I'd like to know if theres any way of practicing this sport near the Quebec ( montreal ) my e-mail is nicolas_134@hotmail.com thnx
Nic

Track near Montreal

Postby DG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:44 pm

The closest track is in Lake Placid NY. About two hours south of Montreal.
DG

Postby mmonico » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:55 am

To the person from alabama, I am also interested in the sport. I would be willing to visit park City to try it out. I live in Tx at the moment. Lets talk, maybe we could travel together or meet up and do this thing. It would be nice to make a new freind and maybe a training partner (if you are that interested). My email is mmonico@parkercc.edu
mmonico

Return to General Skeleton Forum