Calgary school -

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Calgary school -

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:10 pm

Has anyone on this forum ever done the skeleton school at Calgary? I'm thinking seriously about registering for their camp. It says on their website that Canadians are given first priority for spots to the school, but maybe I could slip in somehow if I get signed up early.

The Calgary track also looks to be a little more curvy than the Park City track.
SweetHomeAlabama

Postby slace22 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:22 pm

I dont know about Calgary but the Park City school is a great school to go to , the people there are awesome and as far as the curves go , trust me on this Utah has enough curves for your first time sliding.
Not trying to throw down on Calgary but i have to speak up for my Park City people.
U nless you have some other reason for going to Calgary my advice would be for you to go to Park City.
slace22

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:15 pm

I love the track at Park City. I did the intro-camp there back in March. I was just reading over the Calgary school information and it piqued my interest. I'll probably find a way to do both schools.
Last edited by SweetHomeAlabama on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetHomeAlabama

Postby slace22 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:40 pm

I forgot about you doing the intro camp there.
Well i can tell you that turn 6 at PC is a whole lot different when you slide from the top , it sucks your face to the ice .
I would also love to slide at Calgary but im glad i went to the PC school.
slace22

Postby morey027 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:04 pm

wait would it cost less to go to school @ calgary?
morey027

Return to General Skeleton Forum