St. Moritz question -

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

St. Moritz question -

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Can someone on this board explain to me the skeleton/bobsled tracks in St. Moritz? In other words, do the skeleton sliders use one track for competition and the bobsledders a different track? I'm confused about this. If I'm correct, isn't there one track that has various parts of the track with names like Horseshoe and Devil's Dyke AND another track with names like Shuttlecock?

What's the deal? Thanks!
SweetHomeAlabama

Postby *Louns*10 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:07 pm

they use the same track. St. Moitz is just a unique track because it is an all natural track. it is remade every year out of the snow that has fallen.
*Louns*10
-Take your victories,whatever they may be,cherish them,use them,but don't settle for them.There are always new,grander challenges to confront,and a true winner embraces each one.
*Louns*10

Postby slace22 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 pm

i have saw a video of that place and cant wait to slide there one day.
Harold R.
slace22

Postby graeme » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:29 am

The bobsleigh track is on one side of the road out of Moritz, which contains Sunny, Horseshoes, Devils Dyke, Nash Dixon, etc. Skeleton and bobsleigh both run on this track (no luge though). Its the last natural track in the world, i.e. it's built out of snow every year, and is very fast - 4-man bob is touching 100mph!

Other side of the road is the Cresta Run - the orginal sliding sport (1885). Riders go headfirst on skeleton type sleds (tradiational/novice sleds have a sliding seat) and have rakes on their boots to slow for corners, noteably the low-banked Shuttlecock halfway down. Its a British club for amateur riders - anyone can join as a "Supplementary Member", as long as you are male...
graeme

Return to General Skeleton Forum