Sliding Calendar

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Sliding Calendar

Postby bryan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:58 pm

Does anyone have, or know of, a club sliding calendar for UOP. The one on www.utahice.org isn't very helpful. I'm assuming someone, somewhere has typed up the club schedule of events at UOP for the entire season. If anyone has any such thing or more info they can share, I'd appreciate it.
-Bryan
bryan

Postby slace22 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:33 pm

i think the season is over but im not sure
slace22

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:02 pm

slace22 wrote:i think the season is over but im not sure

Not for me! I'm headed out to Park City for the intro-camp next weekend (March 3). :D

I hope the camp is going to be as much fun as I've imagined it's going to be.
SweetHomeAlabama

Postby George » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:27 am

The UOP season is indeed over--the final practice for development sliders was 2/25, leaving only tourist rides and last-minute camps/lessons (like the March 3rd one) before closing down.

During the season, the USBA email newsletter lists the race schedule, as well as the practice time for recreational "club sliders" (which has been Friday evenings only). More serious "development sliders" practice a few times weekly, almost always on evenings--exactly how often depends on the team level. I was ICE3 (which gets the most ice time), while rookies are generally ICE1. Upon signing up, development team sliders will usually be emailed the schedules.

- George
George
Site Admin

Postby slace22 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Hey George , so what is the difference in being on the U.S.A. devo team and ice 1-2- or 3 or are they all devo teams just different levels .
I also e-mailed Revelli about 3 to 4 weeks ago about being put on ice1 and have never heard anything back yet.
Harold R.
slace22

Postby morey027 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:04 pm

I know that the devo team in Lake Placid, gets around 2 runs in a day. And they stay at the OTC. But you have to qualify for that. Can you really just sign up for the devo team at UOP?
morey027

Postby George » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:00 am

The 3 UOP ICE teams, plus the LP devo program, *are* the national development team.

UOP sliders avg 3 runs per practice. My knowledge of LP devo is limited to Jay Beckner's blog (which says their program has around 12 guys and 6 women). UOP isn't as structured as LP--they don't have fancy OTC housing and facilities, none of which would be worth the $$$ in my case anyway.

After completing several trouble-free runs at school, at the earliest, you may ask for a devo invitation and see if they say yes. LP sounds similar to UOP in that regard but they apparently want you to jump through many more hoops (4-item test, wait to be *invited* even to their school or push track, etc) before they extend a devo invitation.
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum