Half-Day camps

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Half-Day camps

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:35 am

I'm planning on coming out to Park City for one of the half-day camps. Has anyone on this forum ever done the half-day camp and if so, what was your impression? This will be my first time to try skeleton.
SweetHomeAlabama

Re: Half-Day camps

Postby George » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:32 am

That sounds cool. I did the half-day camp before doing the full camp. It's a good experience, 3 folks signed up in my session and we had 3 slides from the lowest starting gate (sliding about half the track) after classroom instruction. Good way to try it and see if something you like, before making any big commitment.

If you want to do it this season, you should make plans now. Few classes (and few spots left). Last week I heard the Feb 3rd session was about to sell out. The Jan 20th session is in conjunction with the Utah Winter Games race, in which four of us on this forum will be attending.

http://www.utahathleticfoundation.com/u ... eleton.asp
George
Site Admin

Postby SweetHomeAlabama » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:02 pm

George,

Thanks for the good explanation. I've reserved a spot for the March 3rd camp. The reservation agent told me that there are still plenty of spots available for March 3rd. Looking forward to coming out.

Ward
SweetHomeAlabama

Return to General Skeleton Forum