USBSF -- Training

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

USBSF -- Training

Postby wattsre » Wed May 24, 2006 4:11 pm

Hello,

Thanks for putting the site together, I have encountered many of the "issues" you have described in attempting to get more info on USBSF.
That being said, do you have the name of someone at USBSF that will return a call?

Also do you have information on summer; sprint and weight training programs--if so could you please forward them to me.

Thank you

Rob
wattsre

Re: USBSF -- Training

Postby George » Sat May 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi wattsre. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the USBSF staff in NY. It's been my personal experience (and that of many others) that they generally don't respond to phone calls or emails from prospective sliders, which has unfortunately hampered the growth of our community. So don't be discouraged, you just need to be highly persistent like I was.

I see you live in DC. Previously, your best bet would be attending the annual USBSF recruitment event (last held in DC on 6/29/05) to grab them in person. But alas, the USBSF has mismanaged itself into effective bankruptcy, reorganization, and the loss of recruitment tour sponsor Verizon, so the tour is apparently discontinued.

So as for contact information, USBSF NY is a black hole--I haven't been able to talk to anyone there to schedule training. Nevertheless, I'll look into it and email you personally with followup information (on who to contact, and summer/sprint workouts) once I can find anything. Good luck.

- George
George
Site Admin

Postby wattsre » Sat May 27, 2006 2:30 pm

George,

Thank you for the reply. It is unfortunate to hear of the mismanagement, bankruptcy and subsequent loss of Verizon as a sponsor; as I am sure you can appreciate sponsorships for sports out side the mainstream are not only harder to secure but play such an important role in the growth of the sport. It would be interesting to learn of what the "root" of the problem is.

I would like to help the sport; being new and "out of the loop" it is hard to spot areas of opportunity. If you need help with any efforts to straighten the business side of sport, please keep me posted.

I appreciate your efforts on the matters of my initial post.

Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend!

Rob
wattsre

Return to General Skeleton Forum