Welcome to the NewSliders.com forum!

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Welcome to the NewSliders.com forum!

Postby George » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:54 pm

Hello! Feel free to post your skeleton-related comments or questions in this message board. Thank you!

- George
George
Site Admin

Keep it up

Postby Terry Holland » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:08 pm

Glad to see you take the initiative to bring this board to life. I hope that by spreading the net even further, more people can be exposed to and encouraged to try the coolest of the sliding sports. Good luck.
Terry
Terry Holland

Re: Keep it up

Postby George » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, Terry. Yep, I think the sport sorely needs to reach out to a broader audience; hopefully I can help a bit.

Terry, congrats on guiding the Aussie women's team from obscurity to a rapid rise in the rankings. I'm confident your team will have a strong showing in the Olympics, best of luck to you.

- George
Last edited by George on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Site Admin

Postby yentna » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi George,
Just found your forum / site. Yes, there isn't really any information out there for people interested in the sport, it's taken forever just to get basic info! And I had to ask people, rather than find it online.
Anyway, good luck with this, hopefully it takes off a bit.
Kimber
yentna

FAQ

Postby D & T Hollingsworth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:34 pm

I was just peeking at your site - found it through a link on Mellisa Hollingsworth's site (we are her parents). Good site you have made up. One of the FAQ on your site was "I don't live near a track what can I do?" Mellisa grew up on our farm 1.5 hours drive from the Olympic Park in Calgary. She started this sport at 15 years old and I think she is a real example of how hard work and determination can make any dreams come true. There were many obstacles in Mellisa's way but through sheer determination and never taking her eyes off the dream she is now headed to Torino 2006. Yeah for Skelton racing & yeah for team Canada
Darcy & Tammy Hollingsworth
D & T Hollingsworth

Melissa Hollingsworth-Richards

Postby George » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks, Darcy and Tammy!

I'm amazed by how much she's improved. To summarize for anyone reading this who doesn't know...Melissa is a 25-year old Canadian slider who's been doing the sport for around 10 years. After missing the Olympics in '02, she is currently ranked #1 in the World Cup and is definitely a favorite to medal at the '06 Olympics.

I'm happy to have played a very small, indirect role ( http://www.go-mellisa-go.ca/history_ ) in the creation of her Olympic fund-raising bracelets. Darcy and Tammy, you are a very supportive family--Melissa's aunt Cheryl Gelinas has really gone the extra mile with her work on Melissa's website and bracelet fundraising drive.

Best of luck in Torino!
- George
George
Site Admin

Re: FAQ

Postby bws1 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Good luck in Turin & God bless!
bws1

quetion

Postby smith » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:34 am

ya i've watched some skeleton and it looks awsome. i realy want to try it out but i live in southern california. so i doubt there is any place near me to learn it. so what should i do??
smith

Re: quetion

Postby George » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:57 pm

Hi, Smith. Although there's no track in Southern California, you're actually much closer to a track than most people are. Your closest track is Park City, UT; my FAQ shows how you can get lessons there: http://www.newsliders.com/faq.htm

The Park City track season is winding down, so you may want to take a vacation there next Winter to try it. Then you'll be able to decide whether it's something you want to do regularly.
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum