US orders for spikes due ASAP (7/31)

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

US orders for spikes due ASAP (7/31)

Postby George » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 am

Just got this in my emailbox. USBSF usually accepts orders only from US team members, however I think this was sent out to all registered USBSF athletes.

But the price is ... $314! :shock: (the current equivalent of 200 Euros). Harold, dude, you got a steal when I recently sold you my awesome Adidas Size-10 bobsled spikes for only $70! You'll get a good re-sale value for them. :D

===
We have the opportunity to order bobsled and skeleton spikes from Adidas. If you need new spikes, please send an email to Adelle (aanderson [@] REMOVESPAM.usbsf.com) and include your size (US), the number of pairs you wish to purchase, and your credit card number and expiration date. The estimated cost is 200 Euro per pair, plus shipping and US tax. Your card will not be charged until we have been billed by Adidas around the end of August. Your order will not be placed without your credit card information on file.

All orders must be to Adelle by Thursday, July 31, no exceptions.
===

George
George
Site Admin

Postby Teej » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am

Ouch!

I don't think Harold's looking to sell his anytime soon, though. :D
Teej

Postby HollyBall » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 pm

I have an older pair of the SLC bobstart bobspikes, size mens 8 1/2, that I am willing to sell. They are not in great condition, but I'll sell them for $45 plus shipping. I just applied new 1/4 inch shoe goo toe caps so they are ready for the upcoming season.

Email me at pchollyball@yahoo.com or call me at 480-710-9592.
I do not live in Salt Lake City anymore so picking them up is not possible.

HollyBall

Postby slace22 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 pm

The bobspikes i got from George are in great shape and i love them.
If anyone needs a good pair of shoes i would advise you to grab Holly's because the bobspikes work really good.
The ones i got from George will probably last me my entire skeleton career.
Hey Holly whats going on with you i have not heard from you in forever , e-mail me.
HR
slace22

Postby HollyBall » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Harold, what is your email address?
HollyBall

Postby George » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Yeah, that model of bobspikes is generally a good one. By contrast, the Adidas skeleton spikes had mixed reviews from athletes -- apparently the front of the shoes is too stiff.

Holly, why'd you leave Park City for New Jersey? Are you training in LP? Is your avatar an Xray of a broken bone or something?

George
George
Site Admin

Postby Teej » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:39 pm

George wrote:Yeah, that model of bobspikes is generally a good one. By contrast, the Adidas skeleton spikes had mixed reviews from athletes -- apparently the front of the shoes is too stiff.

Holly, why'd you leave Park City for New Jersey? Are you training in LP? Is your avatar an Xray of a broken bone or something?

George

Yikes. That looks like a lot of titanium. :shock:
Teej

Postby HollyBall » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

My avatar is my most recent x-ray showing my three plates and nineteen screws.

Why I left Utah is kind of a long story. First off, I really was not being treated well by the athletes out there. I would receive threatening e-mails and phone calls on a daily basis saying how I deserved to get run over by that sled, that nobody would come visit me in the hospital, and I deserved to rot in hell for what I did... ect ect ect. Even though in no way did I cause that accident. It was one hundred percent the tower operators fault and there is a video proving it so, but that doesn't seem to matter to some people and they believe I am the one to blame.

My leg was is so damaged from the accident that I can barely walk normally without my cane, let alone sprint while pushing a bobsled. I am missing a section of muscle from the side of my leg the size of my hand, which causes me problems while running. I used to row during high school, so I thought maybe I could take that up again, since it is a fluid and controlled motion with out the impact of running. The university of utah does not have a rowing team so I applied to the schools with the best rowing teams and academic standards in the country . I was offered scholarships to many, and I chose Rutgers, so now I am in new jersey.

I am not planning to compete in bobsled at this time, but possibly in the future, after a few more surgeries to fix my leg I may be able to. I have been offered ice time, a sled, housing and a coach whenever I want it in LP (they know that if I hadn't been standing in the track moving a sled out of the way when the next athlete was coming down, the athlete would have run head first into it and possibly been killed). I may go up there this winter when nobody is around and have people nudge me off... so I don't have to run.
HollyBall

Postby George » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 am

Holly,

I'm very shocked, and sorry, to hear that you were hit -- and severely injured -- by a sled. I had no idea something like that happened, and that you were harassed afterwards.

I wish you the best in your recovery and your time at Rutgers.
George
Site Admin

Postby mmonico » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:18 pm

To all,

not everyone was mean, I know of several people that would ask Holly how she was doing and things like that. And not 100% of blame can be put on the "tower" it was one person not everyone that works in the tower. It was a terrible thing that happened but the PC track is a safe track.
mmonico

Postby HollyBall » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Funny how you knew people who would ask me how I was doing, when there was only ONE person who called me in the seven months I was stuck in a cast. And, if I remember correctly, you Mark, were one of the people who told people not to feel bad for me or visit me in the hospital.
HollyBall

Postby mmonico » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Holly, thats not true at all. I remeber I sent you messages asking how you were doing and talked to you when you came to the track. Why would I tell anyone not to feel sorry for you or visit you???? Answer this did you hear those comments come out of my mouth?? If not then please dont accuse me of saying such things.
mmonico

Postby mmonico » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:26 pm

proof..

Mark Monico wrote
at 8:30pm on January 14th, 2008
glad you are doing well. Yeah the luge people paid for the track the whole week, so we wont get to sloide until next tuesday. I hope the doctor says you are ok to start driving. come up the mountian and visit us sometime!!!!!!!!!!

Wall-to-Wall - Write on My Wall - Delete

Mark Monico wrote
at 4:14pm on January 14th, 2008
hey how is everything going?? Dont get to see much anymore now that you live in the big city, haha.
mmonico

Postby HollyBall » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm

I was told by several different people that you said those things, maybe they are all lied about it, I don't know. But the sad truth is, that most of the athletes I used to be friends with treated me horribly after the accident, I bumped into someone at the grocery store one day and they started cussing me out and saying how I deserved it. When I started working out at Tim's again 7 months after my injury, someone said such horrible things to me that I actually started to cry, in front of everyone. I would not have moved all the way across the country if all of this hadn't been true. I was on the verge of taking my own life because I was so depressed and upset about everything that people had said to me. Maybe you were wrongly accused by others of saying something you didn't, but either way, what was said did its damage.
HollyBall

Postby mmonico » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Well I would like to know who said those things about me as I would like to give them a stern talking to!!! But I am sorry people gave you such a hard time, it wasnt right. I do hope you know I didnt say those things.
Im glad things are going good for ya out east.
mmonico

Postby HollyBall » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:37 pm

I don't want to name names and get people in trouble. I just want people to be nice to me, and if they can't even do that, then I want to be left alone. I'm tired of being hated.
HollyBall

Postby mmonico » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 pm

well try not to worry about other people, its not worth it.
mmonico

Return to General Skeleton Forum