Any training scheduled?

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Any training scheduled?

Postby brianhaughton » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:57 am

Is there any training or camps or events in the near future at either PC or LP? I'm new to Skeleton and can't wait to get back on the ice. I anyone knows of any upcomming event, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.
brianhaughton

Postby George » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Welcome to the board, Brian. I don't know about LP. As for Utah Olympic Park, you could always call their Sports Services Desk for info.

They might be having some "push training" summer sessions, but as for sliding events and camps, I'd guess that'd be finalized by the start of the season (around November) or so.
Last edited by George on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
George
Site Admin

Postby mmonico » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Well there is a beginner school Nov 3rd in PC right now but it may change. The track here is going to open a bit earlier than normal we have an AC race Oct. 27th- Nov.2nd.
mmonico

Postby brianhaughton » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

I've already been to Skeleton School. I want to train and start to compete. Why is everything so up in the air when it comes to training and competeing? Why are there no solid dates?
brianhaughton

Postby mmonico » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 pm

well there will be club races that you can do and there will be training, the schedule isnt set yet.
mmonico

Training in PC

Postby chased » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Hey Brian, hope everything is well with you. For training, I don't think anyone knows times for sliding yet, but the track in PC opens in 2 days! Since you have already been to the school you can come pretty much anytime you want as there is sliding almost every day until the first week of March. The only times you have to watch out for where there wont be sliding is during the races such as Americas Cup, ICC and World Cup, for both skelly/bob and luge. However, thats only a few weeks out of the year so make it out!

You're in Philly right? LP is not that far of a drive and in my opinion an easier track than PC (may hit more, but nowhere near as hard) so you may want to try to make the drive. I know housing is limited through the winter, but it would be worth it to give it a shot.

Don't let anyone dissuade you from what you want. I was reinvigorated with sliding last week after a looong summer without.

Live well, laugh often... slide.
chased

Postby Teej » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey Mark / Chase. How y'all doin' out there?

I'm hoping to get back out for another shot this year myself.

T
Teej

Postby George » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:47 am

Great to hear a new season has kicked off in Park City.

Lake Placid was reportedly the first track in the world to open, a couple weeks ago according to a news article.

US Team Trials are Oct. 11th – Oct. 17th. Other events on the US calendar over the next few weeks include the Park City America’s Cup and the 2008 Park City FIBT Bobsled & Skeleton School.

P.S. I may post my equipment for sale within a few weeks (mainly a speedsuit for anyone who’s around 5’11 and skinny).
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum