Introduction

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

Introduction

Postby mongoose » Tue May 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi

Just joined, New slider,

The Mongoose
Last edited by mongoose on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mongoose

Postby George » Fri May 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Welcome, mongoose. Good to hear you started competing internationally so quickly after taking up the sport. I guess that helps make up for the fact that your country doesn't have a track. Hope your sled situation is much better next season.

- George
George
Site Admin

Postby mongoose » Sat May 24, 2008 9:12 am

George wrote:Welcome, mongoose. Good to hear you started competing internationally so quickly after taking up the sport. I guess that helps make up for the fact that your country doesn't have a track. Hope your sled situation is much better next season.

- George

Hi George.

I know. I am just as surprised, I thought I was going to learn how to slide first. I did not relize I would get my licence. During the school I was going down Igls pretty well, on day one 1.06.00 by day four on the 1 min mark, the guys who were coaching said I was crazy but had a good line

As for Winterberg, what a location and race track, I was s...t scared when I first looked at the track, still am I guess.

My sled for this race was borrowed at the last minute, it was old and I could not create a bow on one runner, so I ran flat for the whole week due to this fault, never mind, just happy to race at last.

My sled situation is looking ok, you have a guy advertising a sled and runners at the moment, his e-mail pics look good, but I do know the sled builder. Randy Parker has agreed to build me a sled as well, so at least I have a choice, now.

I cannot wait for this 08/09 season to start, currently looking for the helmet,speedsuit and shoes to buy, any thoughts or links were to look george.

Cheers

Mike
mongoose

Postby George » Tue May 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Good luck getting equipment. Bobspikes/skeleton spikes are very hard to find unless you can order through your federation. I sold mine to Harold on this forum. You can search the forum for 'helmet' for general ideas. Speedsuit is easier to find. If you're shopping for a nice, new one I link to a couple vendors at http://www.newsliders.com/olympics.htm Though you'll need to order well in advance since it'll take many weeks to do any customization.
George
Site Admin

I am new, too.

Postby shannonfaulkinbury » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:58 am

Just quit track and field to train for skele full time. Great website, George!
Shannon
shannonfaulkinbury

Postby George » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Shannon,

I'm glad to hear my site is helpful.

I don't have any info on building a wheeled sled, but good luck with that.

Plenty of folks have made the move from T&F to skeleton (I did hurdles in high school). Best of luck to you.

George
George
Site Admin

Return to General Skeleton Forum