St Moritz

Post anything here: general conversations, classified ads, related sports (luge, bobsled), etc.

St Moritz

Postby graeme » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Just back from skeleton school at St Moritz. Wow! - what a track - through the woods and well over a mile long. I had a bit of an incident at Horseshoe and ended up in the local klinik - nothing broken in the x-rays but very beaten up. I've immediately ordered a gumshield as my teeth all went through my lip :( - highly recommended piece of kit, as is the Dainese body armour I was wearing - heaven knows what the bruising would have been without.

If you're ever over in Europe, they have training runs almost every weekday morning in season, and a handful of rental sleds.
graeme

Postby slace22 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:21 am

That track looks awesome , it is a very beautiful track and i would love to slide on it.
HR
slace22

Postby graeme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:28 am

Moritz is fairly easy to get to - get a flight into Zurich then the 3 1/2 hour scenic train journey (all the staff speak excellent English!). You don't need a car if you stay in Moritz - my hotel was 50 yeards walk to the Start Hut.

I did the British Skeleton Champs a week ago at Igls (Innsbruck, Austria) - completely different style of track - definately a "gliding" track where it really depended on how fast you could start. I haven't really tried any fast starts, and only did 3 practice runs, and came in 14th out of 14 :oops: But it was some good fun inbetween training for the British Bobsleigh Championship (where I managed a more respectable 15th out of 19).
graeme

Return to General Skeleton Forum